Wednesday, January 12, 2005

webMethods, Kat, longtail

Having oodles of trouble trying to get canonicals straightened out for one of the apps accessing the bus today. I think we finally agreed that the apps can use their own doc types as desired within their own app, and I will define a canonical for outsiders to use. Whew! Even the terms and syntax are tough with this stuff.

Not much time to think about the Kat story. There is an important underlying issue here which I need to define in my head and then it should all fall into place (ha ha!). Reading Katicus' blog today, she is brought low by the challenge of learning other languages, in spite of picking up calculus in a week, orgo chem for fun, well, you get the picture. I think the challenges of a Stanford student can be applied to my character, I just need to figure out how to do it.

The longtail had a blog ref that spoke well to my idea of the long tail providing quality products even if they are not huge market successes. Here is the link: http://www.mcgeesmusings.net/2004/10/07.html#a4396
The marketers are missing the creativity blast in their zeal to reap from the long tail.

Weather (CT, USA) is totally a bummer, but I guess that it beats mudslides and Tsunami's.

Need to speak to the lawyers about my Mom and her inability to manage $$$ anymore. Been taking this transition hard.

No comments: